Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

November's NaNoWriMo Is Just Around the Corner....


Dear Burgeoning Novelist,

I'm writing to tell you I need you. That's right, I've been swirling around in the breathtaking labyrinths of your unconscious mind for a while now, and I'm itching to leap into the world. The only way I can come out, though, is if you commit to writing me in November.

So, if you haven't already, please sign in for 2013 NaNoWriMo and create me. For inspiration, just read Abby's story in our 2012 Annual Report. Abby's novel was such a powerful force that she faced down naysayers, found a way to write while juggling a busy life, and then crossed the finish line on the shoulders of NaNo's amazing community.

I know we'll write a gobsmacking, mind-bending story as well, so please commit to writing me in the following ways.

Donate $10 for the love of me. NaNo research shows that people who donate are more likely to write 50,000 words. But your donation means more than that. Your support will help approximately 500,000 people realize their writing dreams this year. You can spark a creative revolution!

Start prepping with a NaNo notebook—just released! We have so much to decide. Who is our protagonist? What sorts of wicked plans are our tales' rapscallions hatching? Sure, I've been swimming among the stories in your unconscious depths, but we have to start working to get 'em all out onto the page.

So let's get in the noveling mood. Check out these NaNo Prep resources to get primed:


Above all, please just write me. November is a grand celebration of everyone's amazing creative powers, so let's plunge into NaNo's rollicking mayhem and give light to a riveting story.

With rip-roaring wishes,

Your 2013 NaNo Novel
Word count: Ready to go...


***********

So, are we ready to write our novels, dear writers???

Think about it...and perhaps we can meet at the Pine Valley Library or at Pine Valley Java to write together a few times during November. :)

Writing with you,


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!