Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNoWriMo Begins Sunday, Nov. 1

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) takes place each November, and 2009 marks Year 11 of this cooperative novel-writing challenge. The goal: write 50,000 words in one month. As of this afternoon, over 100,000 adults and over 35,000 teens have joined the challenge thus far.

The link to the website above allows you to track your progress, receive encouraging e-mails several times each week, and forums and regional groups also exist to help and encourage us along the way.

Doing NaNoWriMo last November was incredible. It was a challenge because my laptop died and I was sharing a computer with my husband which meant I could only write while he wasn't home. It was a challenge because I started five days late but still managed to finish two days early. It was a challenge because I started my novel with no plan, no foresight, and no outline -- a real problem for a linear thinker like myself.

If anyone does join NaNoWriMo, please become my buddy; my name there is SusanneB and perhaps we can have some write-in days/evenings either at the library or at Pine Valley Java.

So come on and join NaNoWriMo -- it will be a wonderful experience and a great way to add 80-100 pages to whatever you're currently working on. Or start something brand new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!